TRUST POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Marketing Manager
Accountable To: Director of Sales & Marketing–on property and VP of Marketing – Trust Hospitality Headquarters
Primary Objective of Position
The Marketing Manager is the key support in terms of all marketing communications, CRM, Social Media, PR and Digital Marketing needs for the hotel. The position reports directly to the on-Property Director of Marketing or Director of Sales & Marketing, with an indirect report to the General Manager and Trust Hospitality's VP of Marketing. This person is responsible for all marketing communications / project management and Public Relations that can be effectively implemented as it relates to Marketing Communications and eCommerce support.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of advertising, direct marketing, promotions, public relations, collateral, ecommerce marketing and distribution channels for the hotel.
- Responsible for the utilization of marketing tools & templates to ensure adherence to the hotel's brand identity
standards (both on and off-line).
- Works with Revenue Management to assist in the development of impactful and effective promotions to drive demand and revenue during key need periods.
- To be on-property specialist for providing guidance to hotel for the planning of effective and integrated marketing communications strategies to drive demand, revenue, and market share on behalf of the property.
- Be viewed as the print production expert. Provide technical guidance to the supplier and hotel staff for the production of quality, cost-effective collateral.
- Compose correspondence or documents pertaining to the projects being administered, communicating effectively with the properties' key stakeholders (including ownership). This includes periodic status updates for corporate sales & marketing staff, if required.
- Process data related to budget administration of property marketing costs. Reconcile accounts, research discrepancies in the amounts charged to accounts and prepare reports/profiles related to projects being administered.
- Support local market activities (Media, Press & Collateral) to support Social Responsibility and charity initiatives aligning with corporate marketing department.
- Assist in execution of regional strategic alliance partnerships and promotions; as well as pursue additional partnerships locally within the market.
- Provide linkage between Property and corporate Office to ensure consistent roll-out and understanding of all marketing standards and understanding of all digital, social and CRM marketing programs.
- Development of Public Relations and Social Media plan based on hotel's overall marketing objectives. Development of all content and press materials (to include press kits, fact sheets, press releases, etc.). Key liaison to arrange and accompany media for press trips to the hotel.
- Oversee and manage the CRM/eMail Marketing Program.
- Serve as the hotel eCommerce lead and execute the hotel's eCommerce strategy:
- Report directly to the on-property DOM or DOSM, and (dotted line) to the corporate VP of Marketing
- Advise hotel on appropriate on-strategy eCommerce priorities and tactics.
- Work with the digital/marketing vendors:
- Set reasonable ecommerce goals for the hotel, review progress periodically, and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Identify hotel-specific online needs.
- Set budgets for the hotel for digital marketing activities.
- Ensure that the hotel is fully activated on com (and its in-language global sites where applicable) by...
- Implementing and managing the Hotel Web Site:
- Accountable for maintaining and updating all Hotel Web Site content including marketing messaging, imagery, captions, links, PDFs, hotel alerts, pop ups, etc.
- Guide hotel in developing hotel website modules/additional content for Spa, Golf, F&B, meetings, and weddings, where applicable.
Marketing the brand.com Hotel Web Site
- Ensure that hotel website is fully optimized to maximize traffic from search engines. Work with VP of Marketing and Digital agencies to coordinate Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics and manage the pay-per-click keyword strategy.
- Work with hotel and corporate Marketing leaders to execute online marketing activities, such as loading promotions/deals, Group Deals, Group Value Dates, eMail marketing (leveraging existing email channels) and affiliate marketing.
- Coordinate execution of online marketing efforts through approved agencies/vendors.
- Provide tracking, analysis, and reporting on the effectiveness of all e-programs: promotions, PPC, SEO, e-mail, listings, links, banners, etc.
- Review reports such as Sojern, Google Analytics, DoubleClick, etc. and take corrective action, as appropriate.
Where appropriate, make a business case to property DOM/DOSM and corporate VP of Marketing to justify new features or functionality on brand.com that would be critical to serve local market(s). Maintain regional relationships with e-commerce vendors, media and distribution channels to ensure maximum exposure and most effective executions.
Ensure that the web sites, content, collateral, tactics, etc., for hotel comply with all relevant Internet Brand Standards and Policies (i.e. accessibility, GDPR, WCAG 2.0, etc.) Monitor for off-strategy web tactics and programs and take appropriate action either directly or in collaboration with corporate leadership.
Verify that hotel is fully activating and optimizing their presence on approved internet eChannels Regularly audit content, images, and star ratings on echannels, and make appropriate corrections.
Work with hotel and revenue management to define and execute the hotel echannel merchandising plan(s).
Execute hotel eChannel marketing tactics.
Collaborate with hotel Revenue Leaders in participation and correct execution of eChannels marketing & merchandising tactics.
- Associate Marketing strategies and tactics to drive revenue for hotel, including:
Use search engine optimization, paid search, email marketing, and other online marketing tactics to increase penetration with target customers.
Collaborate closely with on property Executive Committee teams to execute/pull through online Marketing strategies and plans for the hotel.
Use B2B e-tools to grow online bookings for Group and Corporate business in the hotel.
Participate in regularly-scheduled corporate Conference Calls/web calls to review performance, share best practices, and troubleshoot issues. Follow-up on open items.
Develop other property-level eCommerce communications, as appropriate.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Trust rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
The Marketing Manager receives minimal supervision. The direct supervisor is the on property DOSM/DOM. Instructions are received at the beginning of complex projects and sensitive assignments. There is a strong level of autonomy when handling requirements of the position.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for setting priorities and establishing procedures for completing responsibilities. There may be significant variation in daily workload which will require constant, independent prioritization.
The Marketing Manager role will participate in monthly conference calls; attend regular property sales strategy meetings.
The purpose of the manager's participation is to gain alignment between property and corporate office to build the technical and leadership skills through the interface with subject experts.